Today is the anniversary of my 9th great-grandfather’s death. I saw the record on a page in a parish book from 17th century Sweden. I have a direct line ancestor who’s death was recorded 330 years ago. How amazing is that?
Even more amazing is the page I found at ArkivDigital scanned and digitized from a parish book in Sweden. Look closely and you’ll see the year 1573. 1573! So cool. It’s a great time to be on the planet, isn’t it?
My maternal 9th great-grandfather was Per Larsson Tolfen who was born in Sweden about 1640. He died in Svennevad parish, Närke, Sweden 07 Feb 1685.
For cousins trying to place Per Larsson Tolfen and me in our family tree:
- my maternal grandmother was Harriette Kathlyn TOLF (1909-1954);
- her father was Harry Wilhelm TOLF (1884-1964);
- his father was Peter August TOLF (1858-1929);
- his father was Carl TOLF (1824-1890);
- his father was Carl Jonas TOLF (1795-1833);
- his father was Carl TOLF (1767-1827);
- his father was Johan Carlsson TOLF (1744-1812);
- his father was Carl Carlsson TOLF (1713-1754);
- his father was Carl Persson TOLF (1676-1740);
- his father was Per Larsson TOLFEN (1640-1685):
Interested in collaborating on Tolf family history? I can be reached at where2look4ancestors [at] gmail [dot] com.