Before Husband and I were married, I asked him how much he knew about his family tree. Little did he know how important his answer would be!
Because I am addicted to family history research. On the rare occasions I become bored with one branch of my family tree, another branch quickly steps in with research possibilities galore.
So of course I need a spouse who was also interested in genealogy. But little did I know how important my interest would be to him!
So on this 10th of the month (a date we celebrate every month), I give you the
Top Ten Reasons I Love My Husband’s Love of Genealogy:
- He recognizes the importance of preserving family stories.
- He suggests vacation spots that include family history research.
- He points out significant-to-my-family events during history shows on TV.
- He is saddened by forgotten family photos at antique stores or resale shops.
- He was open to joining an organized cemetery tour on our wedding anniversary.
- He attends genealogical conferences and enthusiastically shares stories on the return trip.
- He’s winning our friendly Find A Grave competition.
- He came to the rescue when my dad passed away.
- He accepts me for who I am.
- And although he already knows everything I’ll say, he still reads my blog. 🙂
Happy 10th my love!