Happy October birthday to the leaves on my family tree including my dad, who would have been 81 on October 25th; and to my grandson and my niece, my cousins Cynthia and Rosemary, and my grandaunt Lucy.
Happy birthday to Anna, David and Frank – my first cousins once-removed, to James – my first cousin-twice removed, and to Kyle – my 4th cousin-once removed.
October births from the roots of my family tree include:
My Swedish Clarins:
- My 2nd great-grandfather Carl LARSSON was born on the 19th of October 1863 in Hörby, Malmöhus, Sweden. After serving a mandatory term in the Swedish military and taking the surname CLARIN, Carl immigrated to Chicago where he married Swedish immigrant Bengta JÖNSSDOTTER. The couple had three daughters before Betty (as she was known in America) died, leaving Carl a widower at 32.
My (possibly) German Littrells:
- Mary Ella LITTRELL was my 2nd great-grandmother. She was born in Roanoke County Virginia on the 30th of October 1858. Her family relocated to Springfield, Clark, Ohio when Ella was a child. She later met and married William Penrod CLARKE in Springfield. The couple and their daughter Ellen Gertrude CLARKE relocated to Chicago.
My German Mangels:
- Gustav Robert Mangels was my 2nd great-grandfather, born in Chicago Illinois on the 20th of October 1889. Gustav was married twice, settling in Fort Wayne Indiana with his second wife Emilie HEINZELMANN.
My Swedish Tolfs:
- Two of my 2nd great-grandfather Peter Tolf’s siblings were born in October, both in Svenarum, Jönköping, Sweden; older brother Gustaf TOLF was born on the 25 of October 1847. Younger sister Kristina Elisabet Karlsdotter TOLF was born on the 27th of October 1860.
- Peter’s brother-in-law Carl Johan YOUNGBERG was born on the 27th of October 1861, also in Svenarum, Jönköping, Sweden.
Are any of my ancestors in your family tree too?
If so, please contact me at where2look4ancestors [at] gmail [dot] com.